V字仇杀队--经典台词

[audio mp3="http://blog.lofyer.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Q播电影V字仇杀队.rmvb09-57-06.mp3"][/audio]

Remember, remember

The 5th of November 要记住,要记住,11月的5日

The gunpowder treason and plot 火药阴谋和叛乱

I know of no reason Why the gunpowder treason Should ever be forgot 我不知有何理由可以忘记火药阴谋

We are told to remember the idea and not the man 我们被教导要记住思想,不是人

Because a man can fail He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten 因为人可能失败 他可能会被捕 他会被杀死、被遗忘

But 400 years later......an idea can still change the world 但400年后思想仍可改变世界

I have witnessed firsthand the power of ideas. 我亲眼目睹了思想的威力

I've seen people kill in the name of them... 我见过人们以它为名杀戮

...and die defending them 为维护它而送命

But you cannot kiss an idea......cannot touch it or hold it 但你不能杀死思想不能触到它或者捧着它

Ideas do not bleed. They do not feel pain. 思想不会流血,不会感到痛苦 思想不会死去

They do not love.他们不会爱

And it is not an idea that I miss 但我最思念的不是思想

It is a man A man that made me remember the 5th of November. 是一个男人,让我记住11月5日的男人

A man that I will never forget. 一个我永不会忘记的男人

That with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself. 人们往往用至诚的外表和虔敬的 行动,掩饰一颗魔鬼般的

Who is but the form following the function of what......and what I am is a man in a mask. 我是谁?名字只是事物的代号而已 而我是一个戴面具的人

I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is. 我不过是指出一个矛盾, 需要问一个戴面具的人是谁吗?

But on this most auspicious of nights......permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet......to suggest the characterof this dramatis persona. 这样一个美好的夜晚请允许我建议用更平常的语言来介绍一位戏剧性的角色

In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran......cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity... ...is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified... ...and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice... ...and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta... ...held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such... ...shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose. So let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you......and you may call me V. 一位谦虚的杂耍老手代苦难命运的受害者和加害者演出这个面孔,不只是虚华的外表它是遗存的人民呼声 现已空洞消亡 不过,我这对过往烦恼的勇敢访问者 恢复了生命的活力 决心铲除那些引来 腐败堕落邪恶的毒虫 遏制他们狂暴的恶毒的 以及贪婪的对意志的破坏 对他们唯一的裁决就是复仇 正义和警惕的信念不会落空 它们的价值和真理终将实现 当然,我这段莫名其妙的杂碎汤 带来的是最冗长的自我介绍 所以简单地说,能遇见您 是我很大的荣幸,请叫我V

The DCD was Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture.CD是柴科夫斯基的《1812序曲》

- Whereby important events of the past... -……历史的重要时刻……

...usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful, bloody struggle... 通常是跟某人的死去或者 苦难挣扎的结束有关

...are celebrated with a nice holiday... ...I thought we could mark this November the 5th... 然后以一个美好的 假日来纪念 我想我们可以把这个11月5日作为

...a day that is, sadly, no longer remembered... 可悲地不再被记住的一天

...by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. 只需从我们的日常生活 里抽出一点时间

There are, of course, those who do not want us to speak. 坐下来谈一会话 当然有些人不希望我们发言

Let me think, let me think. Even now, orders are being shouted into telephones... ...and men with guns will soon be on their way. - It's Chancellor Sutler. - Damn it! 就在现在,电话里吼叫着命令 - 带枪的人们正在路上 - 是苏特勒元首 该死!

Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation... 因为尽管沉默代替了谈话

...words will always retain their power. 言语却总是能保持它的力量

Words offer the means to meaning... 含义深刻的言语

...and, for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. 它向那些愿意倾听的 人们发出真相的宣告

...there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? 而真相是,这个国家 有些事情错得可怕

Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. 残暴、不公、歧视和镇压

And where once you had the freedom to object......to think and speak as you saw fit......you now have censors and surveillance coercing your conformity......and soliciting submission. 你曾经有过反对的自由可以说出你想说的话。你现在有了传感器和监视系统强迫你随大流

How did this happen? Who's to blame? 这是怎么发生的? 这要怪谁?

Certainly there are those who are more responsible than others. 有谁比大家更需要负上责任?

And they will be held accountable. 他们会遭到惩罚的

But again, truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty... 但是,真相讲完了 你要找罪人的话

...you need only look into a mirror.你只需要照照镜子

I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. 我知道你为什么这样做 我知道你害怕

Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. 战争、KB事件、疾病

There were a myriad of problems which conspired......to corrupt your reasonand rob you of your common sense. 它们就像杂草种子 用来摧毁你的理智

Fear got the best of you. 恐惧控制了你

And in your panic, you turned to the now High Chancellor Adam Sutler. 你在慌乱中投向了元首先生 ——亚当·苏特勒

He promised you order, he promised you peace......and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. 他向你许诺秩序 他向你许诺和平 所要的回报不过 是你的服从和沉默

- Last night, I sought to end that silence. 昨晚我决定结束这种沉默

Last night, I destroyed the Old Bailey... 昨晚我摧毁了老巴里街

...to remind this country of what it has forgotten. 以提醒这个国家忘记的事情

More than 400 years ago, a great citizen wished to imbed the 5th of November......forever in our memory. 将近400年前 一位伟大的公民打算将11月5日 永远刻入我们的记忆中

His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice and freedom......are more than words. 以此提醒世界公平、正义和自由 不只是口头说说

They are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing......if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you......then I would suggest that you allow the 5th of November to pass unmarked. 它们是人的权利所以如果你什么也没看见 对这个go-vern-ment犯下 的罪行一无所知 我建议你让这个 11月5日平淡地过去

But if you see what I see......if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek......then I ask you to stand beside me,one year from tonight......outside the gates of Parliament. 可是如果你看见我所见的如果你有跟我一样的感受如果你像我一样去寻觅 我请你在一年以后的今晚站到议会大厦的外面 团结一致,我们将使11月5日 永远不会被忘怀

I dare do all that may become a man. Who dares more is none. 只要是男子汉做的事,我都敢做 没有人比我有更大的胆量 Macbeth.《麦克白》

But I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? 我只是告诉他们真相 那是否太自私?

Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. 我们的尊严是那么地小 但那是我们仅有的

It is the very last inch of us. 那是我们最后一寸领地

But within that inch......we are free. 但在那一寸领地里,我们是自由的

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. 这张面具之下不止是肉体

Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy. 这张面具之下是一种 思想,克里蒂先生

And ideas are bulletproof. 思想是杀不死的